Friday, January 7, 2011

if something happens to your mate?

My question to contemplate. What do you do when your mate dies and your income decreases and you have no insurance for back-up?  Do you turn to your children and ask for help and move closer to them. Do you stay where you are and ask for government help? How do you deal with the loss of your soul mate and your income also.

This is one question that rates high on my list. At the moment both my husband and I are reasonably healthy. But he is 5 years my senior and he has no life insurance policy to keep me going except a small one for his burial.

I live far away from my kids in a place I love. but I would be so lonely if anything happened to my husband. I wish I had a handle on what to do. I guess I will just have to wait till the time comes and decide if I am the survivor.  All comments are welcome.

2 comments:

Along the Way with JnK said...

We really don't like to think about it...we hope we go together and if we do then we would have wasted all those precious moments worrying about something that never happened. Or, I could die before him and then all my precious moments were wasted again worrying over something that did not happen. Life is too short to try to predict what might and might not happen, we live for the now and this moment and the rest will take care of itself.

Matt and Lori Graber said...

I agree, live for today.