Monday, December 1, 2008

Well it's December, Guess what that means?





Well here it is the 1st of December. My favorite Month. Because I know Christmas is coming. So now I am decorated for Christmas. Which doesn't take much in the RV. When I lived in our sticks and bricks home it took me and Leigh days to decorated inside and out.
I had 4 village scenes and tons of other decorations. In fact I spread my Christmas stuff around to several people. My best stuff going to my daughter Joy. And I don't think she even puts the one village up. My other daughter Theresa said she didn't want any of my Christmas stuff. My 2 sons have some special stuff. My son Sterling has my old American Flyer's and Glenn got my special nativity. Skip got Leigh's American flyer's and Greg got a village, our tree all our wreaths and some ornaments, as they bought our home and all that stuff looked good there. There was a girl at work that had no Christmas decorations so I gave her tons of stuff. I sold some in garage sale and what you see in these pictures is what is left. Except for Lights Leigh has not figured how to put up on the RV yet.
I have also addressed most of my Christmas cards and now have to come up with money for the grandchildren cards. I use to buy them presents when they were little but now that they are big they like money to get their own.
What I really am going to miss is watching the kids and grand kids opening their presents. Baking the Christmas cookies and making baskets of bake goods and fudge for the famlies. Sharing the Christmas meal together. Going to church with them the night before to hear the Christmas story and sing Christmas carols. I also am going to miss the big Christmas party we would throw when the kids were older and married on their own. Since they all wanted their Christmas at home we had a party. But the last one was not as I had wished it would be.
Now Leigh and I spend Christmas alone and eat a nice meal. We for the last two years go to nursing home to give Leigh's dad his present but I think he doesn't even know it is Christmas. That part is kinda sad. But at least we are spending it with him.
Last but not least I think of what all we have done this year. I use to write a Christmas letter.
So I guess this is my Christmas letter.
Since Christmas 2007 we have travel from Florida to Memphis, Tennessee, Branson, Missouri, West Yellowstone , Montana, Florence ,Arizona and back to Flagler Beach Florida. We passed through 20 states since last December. We have met and made great friends and had wonderful experiences. seeing places like Graceland, Branson, Yellowstone National Park, Teton National Park, Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Cedar Breakers, Las Vegas and neat places like West Yellowstone Montana and Jackson Hole Wyoming.
So all in all the Page's had a wonderful year and we look forward to what the New Year will bring.
So to all who read this I hope December will bring you lots of good memories and when Christmas arrives a Blessed Christmas.


No comments: