Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Fairchild Oak tree

This is the Fairchild Oak Tree located in Bulou Creek State Park. it is the oldest Oak Tree in Florida. The park is off the Ormond Scenic Loop. I have always wanted to see it but have never taken the time to stop. I was so happy I did as it is awesome.

I saw another Oak tree in petersburgh Virginia almost as grand but not quite. The part where this oak tree is there are several others but none to compare with this beauty that has survives hurricanes and years and years.

2 comments:

Ron and Kathy Happy RVers said...

That is a beautiful tree shot, it looks like a photo from a fairy tale book. I am hoping to see those types of things once on the road. Nice work on the blog and the theme song I love.
Ron and Kathy

LJ said...

i love this tree! simply amazing! glad you got to visit it :)