Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas decorating of the tree






Christmas in West Virginia at my daughter Joy's house. I would give anything to spend Christmas in West Virginia this year helping Joy, Brian, Corey, Carlee and Kyle decorate the Christmas tree and bake those delicious cookies and candies. But the kids will be off to new York to spend Christmas with their dad and Corey will be off to his Mom house and Joy and Brian will enjoy some well deserved alone time. But it has always been fun decorating the tree with family and baking those cookies.
Theresa my other daughter and Ashley are way up in Maine their tree is decorated also. I got to see it via the webcam. Ashley will be baking the Christmas cookies this year and she has promised to send me some.
Since we became full time Rvers. This is the one thing I miss the most is getting ready for Christmas with family and doing the baking with the kids. Oh what a mess we would make of the kitchen but what fun we had. And oh eating the cookies that broke or weren't perfect fresh out of the oven. Oh wow! What pleasure that was.
So here I sit in Florida in 80 degree weather and dream of the wonderful times at Christmas. I will of course go and see some Christmas lights and have fond memories of doing that with my grandmother, Cousin Johnny, and his dad and Nana as we drove all over Norfolk Virginia and awed at the beautiful display of lights. Florida does have some nice displays since they have no snow. So I will enjoy them and remember.

No comments: