Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Losing Friends

This week we lost a dear friend. He was someone who has always been there for us. I just can't believe he is gone. It is so hard to find good friends, true friends and I have been blessed with a few really great fiends. This man was one of the best. he will be so missed.

But he is not the only one. We have a friend we met through traveling and working as a Workamper. A workamper is someone who works for free or just for a site and stipend while you are traveling and we have made some great friends along the way. Well one couple we met in Montana who lives in Florida has told us because of failing health he has to stop workamping because his doctor doesn't want him driving such long distances anymore.  I think there is more to the story because he was all packed and ready to leave for Montana and now he is not going.
He just would not do that when he made commitments in Montana. So I think another friend may be leaving us soon. Not for sure just a gut feeling for what he told us. 

We also have another friend who Leigh went to high school with and he is starting to have serious problems. So many friends so little time left.

Why is it when you get to a certain age you start losing your friends. It is so scary. My grandmother use to say she was the only one left all her family and friends have gone before her. I am so scared to lose all my friends and beloved family members of my childhood. I am scared because I am now the matriarch of my family the oldest member. And my husband the patriarch of his family everyone we grew up with and had for friends for years are leaving us. Where did all that time go? We feel in our minds so young yet our bodies and minds are deteriorating and our friends are dropping like flies.

1 comment:

Butterfly said...

I'm so sorry, Lee. It's never easy but at least you know you brightened his existence when it matters. :)