Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Traditions!








We all have our Christmas Traditions. Most we got as a child and were passed down from generation to generation.

Mine are simple ones. Baking cookies, Christmas Eve church to celebrate the birth of Jesus! Watching old Christmas movies, riding around see the Christmas lights. My favorite since I was a young child was riding around to see the Christmas lights. My uncle Joe use to pack the family in the car and we drove all over Norfolk Virginia to see the lights and Norfolk had some awesome displays. I did this with my children when they were little. We lived in Scranton Pennsylvania and we drove all over and went to places like pool supply place that would have all these decorated trees. Now I do it with Leigh and we found Orange City had the best we have seen. Next was the light display at the Town Center at Palm Coast and Ormond Beach on and around Beach Street has some nice ones.

The traditions keep Christmas alive even when you are alone, all the kids gone. Christmas spirit stays in your heart when you enjoy these things.

No comments: