Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Day in Arcadia National Park!




















Today after finishing our work we headed out to Bar Harbor for lunch. We had the fish House's famous Buffalo Scallops and a blueberry daiquiri for me and a strawberry for Leigh.

It was just so very hot around 93 degrees, so we headed to Arcadia National Park I have not seem the wildflower gardens there yet. So we went to the gardens first. It was beautiful there, but I could tell if I had come in the spring it would have been spectacular. Most of the flowers were spent. It was very serene there and cool and relaxing. They have several paths to go on but Leigh's knee is hurting so bad these days I can't do much hiking around unless I could get someone else like Theresa to go with me. I would really like to explore that area but don't want to do it alone. Any volunteers?

We then rode around the loop road til we got to Cadillac Mountain so we drove up there to see the views. It was so hazy because of the heat I did not get good photos. I hope to go back sometime at sunrise or sunset. I know I will get great photos then. Then we went home. But it was a very nice day. Thank you God for giving me another day to enjoy your beautiful world. I know having had cancer twice my days are numbered. I thank you for everyone you give me. Thanks be to God!

2 comments:

Liz and Gary said...

Lee - Gary and I are heading your way (we leave Tuesday morning the 25th) for a week of camping in Acadia Park. I do not have your email address and Jill is on vacation so I am using your blog to contact you - hope that is OK. We were hoping we could get together while we are there so email me at ladyowego@hughes.net or call me at 607-754-0057 prior to Tuesday AM or 607-232-2040 (however my cell phone does not do well in the mountains. Send me your email and phone number - I really want to do lunch or dinner or something. Hope to hear from you soon - Liz

shirleyhachey said...

HEY GREAT PICTURES. SEND ME YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS HOPE EVERYTHING IS GOING OK FOR YOU GUYS.