Thursday, July 31, 2008

Walk up the Mountain








Yesterday I took a long walk up the mountain. We are up about 6000 feet and up the mountain adds a few hundred feet. I have noticed that in these high elevations my breathing is more labored as I exercise. But I keep going and after awhile it levels out. It's just that hike up to the top that near kills me. LOL

I like to go up there because of the beautiful views. The wild flowers and the rocks I am collecting for Kyle. In fact, the whole time I was up there my thoughts were on my grandchildren. thoughts of when we lived in the 1000 Islands and i use to take my grandchildren on hikes out back. We explored caves used by the underground railroad. We saw deer, fox and other wildlife and we picked wildflowers. That is why I think this walk brought back all those memories. I have had many experiences and joys in my life but I think the best memories for me is the time I have spent with my grandchildren. They keep me young at heart and they just love grandma with all her faults. I don't think there is anything better than having loving grandchildren, and I truly treasure mine. I know they are all growing up fast and soon they won't have time to hang-out with grandma but we have made all these beautiful memories that I will have to think on.

No comments: