Saturday, July 12, 2008

Cherry Creek Adventure









Today was a great adventure as we went to Cherry Creek to do our weekly chore. First as we were going down the road towards the campground we saw a buck with big horns and then when we were done with our chore there and was about to leave Leigh got the thrill of his life a brown bear in the wild. even though he has played with tons of wild black bear in our yard in Pennsylvania he has always want to see a grizzly or brown bear in the wild. we did she a grizzly in Yellowstone National Park it was not the same as seeing one up close and personal in the wild.
And Leigh did make sure he got up close and personal as he photographed the bear.
I also got pictures of the wild lupine and a red wild flower I don't know the name of. Maybe my friend Bonnie will email me and let me know what it is when she reads the blog.
We are finding Montana a wild and wonderful state where the last wilderness is. Just like Alaska but this is in the lower 48. Alaska also has lupines growing along the roads and lots of wild flowers on the tundra and an abundance of wildlife. We are finding Montana has as much wild life as Alaska just no polar bears. I love the scenery the mountains, the clean air, and all the wildlife and wild flowers. I'm so glad God has granted us this time to see and explore all we can while Leigh and my health is good.

No comments: