Saturday, April 2, 2011

Turtle Fest and Sea Turtle Release Flagler Beach Florida!


















Well, I attended the 4th Annual Turtle Fest and turtle release today in Flagler Beach. Flagler always has sometime cool that goes on all year long, and this was one of the coolest.  The Fest had tons of entertainment, bands, belly dancers, Tortoise races, Games, face painting, and the most important thing. The release of a Sea Turtle that was rescued during the hard winter we had here in Florida.

This was the first turtle release I have ever seen and it felt wonderful to see the turtle being released given a second chance. I love how Flagler does all they can for the turtles and for all wild life.  I do love living in this small beach town.

I have loved the beach all my life, but how you live in this small beach town is wonderful. You know almost everyone and you get to enjoy the ocean without the huge crowds.  I do love Flagler Beach and the people here.

1 comment:

Rupp Family said...

That is wonderful! I would have cried just cause of the emotionalness of saving them.