Friday, April 1, 2011

Depression!

WHY I'M DEPRESSED




Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel , "Pick up your shovels, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land."



Nearly 75 years ago, (when Welfare was introduced) Roosevelt said, "Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a Camel; this is the Promised Land."



Today, Obama has stolen your shovel, taxed your asses, raised the price of Camels and mortgaged the Promised Land! I was so depressed last night thinking about Health Care Plans, the economy, the wars, lost jobs, savings, Social Security, retirement funds, etc . . . I called a Suicide Hotline.



I had to press 1 for English. I was connected to a call center in Pakistan. I told them I was suicidal.



They got excited and asked if I could drive a truck......


The above is a joke, but it is so true.  I have worked my whole life.  I am now 65 retirement age, but I have to back to work because, I can't make ends meet. We were doing ok, but I was without health care so when I got my medicare, I signed up for insurance part B and D so I could get medicine and tests I badly needed. Between medicare and the extra insurance I am paying over $200.00 So now my already tight budget is over budget.  I now need to go out and find a job so we can make ends meet. I guess there is no retirement unless you were able to save money during your working years.

I was not able to save because I was to busy raising my kids and providing a good life for them.  I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth as some were. 

Now because of the government. The cost of food, clothing, shelter and basics are going sky high. We are paying so much more in taxes then we can afford. And it keeps going up. They are showing on TV because of the national debt, we will probably be owned by China and working for them soon we owe them so much money.

So there is the reason I am depressed. I am not ready to call that suicide line yet, but that could be coming down the road if I have to keep trying to make ends meet and the cost of living just keeps going up and up because the government doesn't know how to budget. While I am trying so hard to just make one.

1 comment:

Rupp Family said...

Lee, you have had a tough life. You have done amazing things with what you did have and still do. And you are right, you gave so ALL of us could have. I know it sucks about finances. I don't know any answetr to that..the gov't has really pulled some doozies lately. Just keep hanging in there.. and as far as it sucks having to get a job now, try and look at the positive..you are a people person and you will make even more friends than you have now =). It's sad that people can't actually retire these dayas. It isn't right but ya just goitta keep plugging away and enjoy what you can. Being born with a silver spoon is OVER rated. People who have everything handfed to them are not very classy people. They do not appreciate the value 9of life and working. You should be proud for all you have accomplished.... you EARNED it =).