Sunday, May 17, 2009

The trip to Bangor Maine!










We left Pennsylvania early in the morning and it was suppose to be an easy trip to Bangor Maine. Well we hooked up our trusty Garmin and off we went. When we got into Albany the Garmin told us to go left at the split toward Albany but the sign to the Mass turnpike said go right. But i thought well we will follow the Garmin because maybe it knows better than me. well wrong move the Garmin took us through New York State into Vermont and through the whole
state of New Hampshire into Maine. We went about 300 miles out of our way. I think grandma Katherine must have possessed the Garmin because it took us the way I took her through all the new Endland states for her 80th birthday. She must have gotten bored up there in heaven and wanted me to see all of that again.

Well to make a long story short we did arrive in Bangor Maine at the Paul Bunyan Campground where we will be until October 15th.

When we arrived my daughter Theresa showed up to welcome us. The next day we had a nice cookout and camp fire and visited.

We have been here a week now. We clean bathrooms and I work in the office making reservations. It has been so great spending time with my family. My daughter Theresa and her daughter Ashley. We are growing so much closer as I haven't been able to spend much time with them.

The weather here has been rainy but we have gotten out. We found our breakfast place a little diner called Nicky. Tonight we went to supper there and their had an antique car show it was nice. Leigh really enjoyed seeing the cars. I did not have my camera but I will be prepared the next time.

Paul Bunyan Campground is a really nice campground and the owners are very nice. I think we will really enjoy working there. Life is good on the road and the Pages are well.

1 comment:

Matt and Lori Graber said...

Isn't neat how those detours in life come around once and awhile?

Your pictures of the area make it an appealing place to visit, very pleasant, nice buildings.

Wishing you well...