Thursday, November 27, 2008

Theron Oliver Page's 93rd birthday!

Theron Oliver Page turned 93 today. For him it was just another day in the nursing home with the routine that goes on in the home daily.

I showed up late to feed his as the meals got there early. I was late because traffic was so bad and I got behind. I shopped at Wendy's for my daily crispy chicken sandwich and senior coke. There were very busy because of all the shoppers.

No one was there for him yet so his day didn't start out to well. Plus the meal he had was not something he really liked so he didn't eat much.

After that Leigh showed up from work and his wife Dot showed up with the cake and Paulie and his girl Kathleen showed but. But Carol his daughter would not make the party because they were held up in a snowstorm on the way down.

Things started to improve. He opened his presents and he got lots of shirts a sweater and a new watch has his old one wasn't working well. We past out cake to the whole nursing home they gave him balloons and sang Happy Birthday. All of which I got no pictures because in my rush to get to nursing home on time I forgot my camera. Paulie brought his but the batteries were dead.

Carol arrived at the nursing home around 5PM and he was so happy to see her. More presents for him and a nice visit. So all in all the day turned out well and we will all be together to eat Thanksgiving dinner with him. And I made sure I will take my camera this time.

So to Grandpa Page we all wish you a very Happy Birthday with much love.

No comments: