Monday, November 17, 2008

Reading a lot

Since arriving in Florida while Leigh has been working I have been reading like crazy. I have read seven books since arriving.

Sleeping Tiger by Rosamunde Pilcher. I was introduced to her by my friend Marolyn Sawyer. I met her when i had cancer in 2001. She had no ride to radiation treatment and lived in Cape Vincent so the radiation doctor asked if he scheduled her treatments same time as mine would we bring her in. So we said yes and over time we became the best of friends and we helped each other to get through the treatments. She died about a year after our treatments. I could not believe it because the doctors kept telling her she was cancer free but she just never felt right and was always tired. I was tired too so we did not think much about it then she was gone. She was my very best friend and confidant. She taught me so much. She was a retired teacher.

My second book was Playing for Pizza by John Grisham. I picked up that book at a RV park in Deming New Mexico. On our way back east we stopped to visit Sharon and Jim Robinson. Known to most workampers as Jungle Jim and Pnut. The story was a cute story about a NFL football player who was the cause of a lost his team to loose the super bowl.

Then I got into a series by Fern Michael's about a ban of vigilantes called the sisterhood. I think Nancy Mcneely gave me a couple of her books then I was hooked and am now try to hear all of them.

I also read Summer in Eclipse Bay by Jayne Ann Krentz a romance novel and a very interesting story.

And last but not lease Born to be wild by Catherine Coulter. A neat story about a soap star who was being stalked.

Today I am headed for the used book store to turn in my read books for some new ones. I hope to continue my Fern Micheal's ones about the sisterhood.

My grandmother Katherine use to read all the time. I guess I have a lot of her in me. I love the soaps General Hospital her favorite, and I love to read.

1 comment:

Yarntangler said...

I'm an avid reader too. You may enjoy checking out Bookcrossing.com for another idea on what to do with the ones you finished. The last thing a motor home needs is more books but I bring them home by the arm load!