Monday, May 5, 2008

Always take time to smell the roses

Today we took the time to smell the roses. We got word yesterday we could get into Montana so we were going into Rapid City to take care of some last minute business.

We got it done early so I asked Leigh if we could take a ride up to Mt Rushmore even though we saw it last year. So we went to Mt Rushmore and after on the way back I saw that Custer State Park was only 12 miles away. So I said if it's this close I really want to go. A workamper I had talked to on the workamper forum told me about her experience of camping at Custer State park and waking in the morning to finding a buffalo sleeping on their rug outside their RV. She told me the wildlife in the park was awesome.

So we took this very scenic road through the Black Hills National Forest to Custer State Park. It was the most scenic 12 miles I have ever been on. It was a winding road through the forest with tunnels and panoramic views. The wildlife in Custer State Park was awesome. It was nature at it's best.

So the moral of this story is PLEASE take the time to smell the roses. As for me this was one of the most memorable afternoons of my life and i will always remember when I took the time to smell the roses in South Dakota. I hope all our adventures are as perfect as this day was.

1 comment:

rmm said...

Lee,
I'm absolutely envious at all the amazing beauty in your pictures and notes about your and Leigh's adventures. Glad to know you are both okay after all the severe storms last week; I see they didn't dampen your spirits!
Hugs, -r