Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Turning a hobby into a business!









From the first time I put a camera in my hand I enjoyed clicking pictures. Every Christmas or birthday, every vacation there I was click, click, clicking away. Well now that I am older and retired. I have used the camera so much more.  When the bears came to our house in Pennsylvania to traveling in the RV, I always had a camera in hand.

Since moving to Flagler Beach and walking the beach and the marsh at sunrise. I have a whole new bunch of things to take pictures of. Beautiful sunrises always different. Birds in the marsh and sometimes rare sighting like the Roseate Spoonbills.

Well recently after getting compliments from everyone on Facebook about my daily uploads of pictures and friends who love my photos. I decided to make a small business of it.

First I went to Michael's and got matte note card stock and decorated them and made cute note cards. Then I sent away to Vista printing and did note cards and Postcards.

Well, Now I have Postcards and note cards in several local business and next I am going to do some matted prints.  I know I won't make much money at this but the pride of knowing someone likes my photos enough to buy them really will make me feel good.

So now I have joined the local  artist here in Flagler Beach and become part of this creative community,  to me this is such an honor.  Wish me luck in this new adventure.

Comments welcomed.

2 comments:

Along the Way with JnK said...

That is a great feeling...isn't it? Keep fulfilling those dreams...that is what living life to the fullest is all about!

DebSuller said...

Way to Go, Lee. You do take beautiful pictures. Looking forward to seeing you this summer.