Monday, May 2, 2011

Dolphin Adventure!





Well, it is the last day of my daughter's vacation and we are going to Marineland.  Theresa my daughter waited all week to go and swim with the dolphins. Well, the swimming part did not happen because I was told to book Dolphin Discovery. So I booked it. well, that program turned out to be 30 minutes of learning about the dolphins and 20 minutes interaction, but not swimming.

I found out later the swimming was $200.00 and this one was $160.00. We were alittle upset that it wasn't what we thought because we waited all week for this, but putting that aside Theresa really enjoyed herself playing with the dolphins and I had an interpreter there so she understood all she needed to know.


But she feed the dolphins, rubbed and petted them, gave them commands and they had fun splashiing her. All and all it was a fun day.

Now she is back home in Bangor Maine, and I am going back to my routine of old folks doing their thing.  I will always remember this visit. When she was a child we were never close because she was always away in deaf school and she never felt comfortable around hearing people even her family. But now after all these years we are growing closer and  am so grateful for this.

1 comment:

Along the Way with JnK said...

So very nice that you and your daughter are becoming close...life is too short for that time not to come.

We know the great time she had with the dolphins, we did the same thing while we were in Florida and it still sends chill through our veins...an experience neither of us will ever forget!