Thursday, October 1, 2009

Settling in!
























We have really settled in here in Flagler Beach. We got the house looking great with my garage sale finds and I have found a few new one added since my last posting! Leigh Power washed down the deck and repainted the chairs that were rusted badly. We have opened a bank account, gotten our Driver Licenses here in Florida and we are working on register the car and Harley.
The registering of those is going to be very expensive as in Florida you have to pay a luxury tax for these things. My car is going to take $500.00 to register. and We are not sure about the Harley but we think maybe $300. So needless to say we have not done that yet. Insurance here on my car was about the same but the motorcycle was much higher because of the many accidents here in Florida!
I had a real problem with my mail forwarding place in South Dakota.
I called and asked them what I needed to do. They said before Oct 1 send them a cancellation notice and notify all our companies of our new address. I did this. On Sept 28 they took out a year's membership that was not due until Oct 1 and when I called to ask them to put back into my account they said not until I forwarded them proof I had transferred all my vehicles to Florida. I told them I was in progress of doing all that to please put my money back into my account. They said no not until I fax them the above proof.
So I wrote a comment about them to workamper news where lots of RVer's read and someone there forwarded what I wrote to them. They emailed me and said it was all a big mistake and they would put my money back into my account. That was on Sept 28 as of today Oct 1 I have not received the money back into my account. So I guess if they don't put it back I will have to contact the bank and dispute it.
But other than that little bit of trouble all is going well. We added new plants to the garden and we spend lots of time out on our deck eating breakfast lunch and supper. Watching the squirrels, birds and lizards. We have even seen deer and raccoons. It's almost like being in Pennsylvania but no bear and it is warm. LOL
We ride these neat bikes we bought at garage sale. We are up to 6 miles a day so far. And Leigh is going back to work at friend's our breakfast place where he worked last year. I didn't want him to work but it will only be 18 hours a week, 3 days a week. Right now with all the money we are putting out we could use it. Money for Finn's bud shootout. LOL
I just want all my Maine family and friends to know I miss them along with the rest of our family all over. Keep in touch and I will do my best to keep the blog up.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI:
Read your post in WK and wonder why it was locked! They seem to do that a lot. Sorry that you have not gotten your money yet. We have been looking for a mail forwarding place and will stay away from that one. I think the guys on WK should know that you haven't gotten your money. Anyway good luck;
Don & Jan Evans Volunteers at Summer Lake Wildlife Area, OR Oregon's "Outback"

Lee said...

I did finally get the money back into my account from Americas Mailboxes.

Lee