Friday, October 23, 2009

Farmer's Market










We are adjusting to life in Flagler and I am as happy as a clam. We have a routine down. We go to Finn's for Leigh's Bud Shoot-out once a week. We go to the Farmer's market on Fridays for all the fresh veggies, fruits and other neat stuff. We ride our bikes at least twice a day for exercise.

We have started taking care of our health problems. Leigh had eye surgery on his right eye and hopefully he will be doing his left.

I have made my mammogram, as I was really scared I left 2 lumps but it was only calcium. I also had a pap test and am treating my little problem I had all summer.

We finally got the bike registered. Here in Florida you have to have the title you can't just transfer with your old registration. That was the worst. If you are a new resident to Florida they hit you with a new resident tax on your vehicles. My car was $475.00 and Leigh's bike was almost $200.00. But next year it will be more reasonably. Although that has doubled since September. The Governor is trying to keep from having a state tax so he is killing us with all these other taxes. So with everything transferred over we are official Floridians now.

But I am so enjoying living here. I dress in more colorful clothes I even went back to some hippy garb which is very popular down here. I buy all my clothes at thrift shops or garage sales.

Speaking of garages sales I have never seem such great ones in my life. We love the unique restaurants and cafes. We even work at one. Leigh is a dishwasher and me a buss girl. We go see the sunrises on the beach or just go and set on the beach for a couple of hours. Life is good in Florida. I love their layed back lifestyle.

No comments: