Monday, April 20, 2009

Great Aunt Doris!


This is my Great Aunt Doris. She is the last of her generation in our family. She is my grandmother Katherine's sister. She played a big part in my childhood. She was always there to talk to because I was raised by my grandmother and sometimes I didn't get along with her.
We would have rootbeer floats and I would complain about stuff. She was always there to cheer me up and give a hug.
She lives all alone now in a senior housing in Norfolk Virginia. Even though we have some cousins left in Norfolk they don't go and visit her much. So when I do get to Norfolk which isn't too often I try to take her out and we talk about the good old days of my childhood. When she passes I will have no one left to talk and remember with. She is my hero of my childhood.

No comments: