Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Gopher Tortoise






Hello all, Sorry it has been awhile since my last post. I have been very sick with a virus that is going around. it has been two weeks and I still feel weak. I took my first morning walk in about 2 weeks. I only did the marsh walk not the whole 6 miles.
Well, this mornings walk I was able to see the gopher tortoise who is rarely seen out of his hole. Last year I saw them once but had no camera. They have several holes in the preserve and students from the local high school come weekly hoping to get a glance.
I hope to be able to post some bike week pictures for you this weekend. We have miss the first half of bike week because of being ill.
Leigh is starting to get sick now so hope we can get out once to do the bike rides and fun stuff of bike week. Other than that there is no news here for now.

2 comments:

Matt and Lori Graber said...

How big is that turtle? Looks like maybe a foot across the back?
:) Lori

Lee said...

They are pretty big. Not sure of the size.