Thursday, June 12, 2008

25th Wedding Anniversary




June 11, 2008
Today we celebrated 25 years of marriage. The day started our badly as we got 6 inches of snow and it was very cold. Now a good day in June, but we are in Montana and the weather changes from day to day. We made the best of the day as we were off. We went to breakfast at the Running Bear Cafe our favorite breakfast place. Then we just hung out at RV home while we watched the snow fall. Then in the evening we went to The BAR N Ranch where we had a great fine dining experince. Leigh had Steak and I had scollops. We enjoyed the atmospere and the food. Then we relaxed in their great room and came on home. We was a very nice evening.
I can't believe it has been 25 years. It seems like yesterday when I first went on that Blind date. The girls at IBM where I worked decided it was time I went out with someone besides my girls. I had been there for a year and never dated. I was me and my girls which I did not mind as i was very close with my girls. But my friends felt i needed alittle male companionship. So they fixed me up with 2 guys both cousins. We met at the Moose Lodge and I had the night of my life. Chuck and Leigh bided for my attentions, but Leigh won out because he was such a good dancer and he made me laugh so much. I realised that night I had never laughed much lately. So we fell madly in love immediately and within a few moths we married. He had 4 kids and I had 2 so we tried to blend our families into one big family and sometimes it blended and sometimes it did not. But we loved each other and we let the love get us through the good times and the bad. And here we are today more in love than ever before 25 years later. Hopefully god will give us another 25 years today.

No comments: